Minority Business Executives (MBEs) have access to numerous benefits and services – including educational programs plus a wide range of networking opportunities. This section briefly outlines some of those benefits. For more information, we encourage you to contact the regional affiliate nearest to your company headquarters.
The National Minority Supplier Development Council’s Certification Policy and Procedures are firmly adhered to by its 24 regional affiliate councils (or RMSDCs) for the certification of minority-owned, operated and controlled businesses (MBEs). Standardized Procedures assure consistent and identical review and certification of MBEs throughout the NMSDC Network. The NMSDC is the only national organization providing certification throughout the U.S. where MBEs are genuinely minority-owned and operated, and ready to do business.
- Access — Means MBEs doing business with MBEs and forming joint venture for success.
- Business Opportunity Fairs — Allow minority entrepreneurs to present themselves to hundreds of prospective buyers in a single setting.
- Customized executive education — Concentrates training and technical assistance into leadership tools for CEOs of minority-owned firms.
- Networking opportunities — Provide expansion of relationship-building opportunities with corporate buyers.
- And a variety of other formal and informal activities to foster the development of long-term, mutually beneficial business relations – bringing corporate purchasing people together with representatives of minority businesses.
Our 24 NMSDC Affiliate Regional Councils provide the following standard services for
certified minority business enterprises (MBEs) without additional charge:
These services are offered at no additional charge and are not limited to the following:
- Certification process
- Post-certification briefing
- Discounted fees for registration at NMSDC national events
- Eligibility for participation in NMSDC development programs
An affiliate regional council provides certain services, subject to availability, to certified MBEs for no additional cost.
These services vary throughout the network and may include but are not limited to the following:
- Industry Groups and Committees
- RFPs/Business Leads/Alerts for procurement opportunities from corporate members
- Training webinars
- Educational programs
- VIP access to networking events
- Calendar of Events