|People do business with people they know.|
The Carolina-Virginia Minority Supplier Development Council (CVMSDC) fosters relationships between minority suppliers and their potential clients: Fortune 500 corporations, government agencies and universities.
- Certifies Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs)
- Serves as a resource for corporations searching for qualified suppliers
- Helps large corporations target and alert suppliers about requests for proposals
- Sponsors networking events that introduce corporate decision makers to principals at minority business enterprises
- Offers training programs, loan information and business assistance for MBEs
- Gives corporations the opportunity to learn from the best practices of other large businesses
We have 103 corporate members and approximately 275 certified Minority Business Enterprises, ranking CVMSDC among the largest councils in the Mid-Atlantic region. CVMSDC is one of 37 regional councils within the National Minority Supplier Development Council network. A network which has a total of 3,500 corporate members and 16,000 certified MBEs throughout the country.
By serving as a conduit between diverse suppliers and the leaders of corporate America, the council offers companies the opportunity to interact with a wider range of potential partners. This inclusive environment supports economic growth, increases employment opportunities and enhances the competitive landscape.
Mission and Goals>>