- Filling out the online Certification application. Certification starts with the online application. You may take as long as necessary to complete the application. Your information will be saved for your next session and is completely confidential.
- Pay for your application fee. You may pay by credit card or send a check. The processing of your application will begin when payment is received.
- Sending required documentation through postal mail. Northwest MSDC requires specific documents to complete the Certification process. The documentation must be sent through postal mail. The processing of your application will begin when ALL required documents have been submitted.
- Application and documents are reviewed for completeness.
- Conducting Site Visit. Northwest MSDC will perform a site visit to review your business premises and conduct a personal interview of the owner(s). This step is performed by a Certification Specialist and the applicant.
- Committee Review. The Certification Committee meets regularly to review applications for MBE Certification. The Certification Committee must approve the application before it can be submitted to the Board for final approval.
- Board Review. The Board will review the Certification Committee's recommendation and make the final decision. If the Board rejects the application, you may submit a letter of appeal. If approved, you will be notified by e-mail and postal mail.